Anime Update o.o

11:13 PM / Posted by Unknown /

Hey guys, just putting out there where I'm with anime, since I don't talk about them much.

There are a bunch of anime coming out for the fall season. See list here.

I think I will definitely check out Kampfer, To Aru Kagaku no Railgun, Seitokai no Ichizon, InuYasha -Kanketsu-hen- (The Final Act), and Kobato. These will give me a good mix of shounen and romance anime series.
The two series that I am the most interested in are Darker than BLACK: Ryuusei no Gemini and Fairy Tail. I was a fan of the first season of Darker than BLACK so I have high hopes for this sequel. As for Fairy Tail, I am an avid follower of its manga, so I am definitely excited to see it animated and voiced. I don't know how well they will produce Fairy Tail, but I think I will follow it no matter what quality.

Aside from those oncoming series, I am currently following Bakemonogatari, Bleach, Dragonball Kai, Fullmetal Alchemist, and Naruto Shippuuden.

Bleach is currently in the Zanpakutou filler arc, where the Shinigamis' Zanpakutou souls obtained "free will" from a villain called Muramasa and are rebelling against their owners. The Shinigami must defeat them in a battle to free them from Muramasa's grasp. I liked it initially because of the interesting character designs but now that I am used to them, the only thing keeping me going at the moment is its above Bleach-average animation quality. This is partly because they have to get through all the vice captains first before they move onto the cool captain stuff. I just watched the latest episode and it was Hitsugaya vs Hyourinmaru. I have to say it was perfectly executed: the flashback was not annoying/slow, the combat was intense and good quality, and the conclusion was interesting.

Naruto Shippuuden just spent two episodes covering Jiraiya's past and his adventure with Yahiko, Konan, and Nagato. And of course, to cover one full hour they needed to fill it with extra material. BUT WAIT, the filler material is time is not nonsense! For those of us who have read the manga, the producers included Jiraiya's encounters with Pein's bodies because they died. In addition, they did Jiraiya and Minato's interactions. Lastly, it was cool seeing Naruto's mom and the Yahiko trio animated.

Bakemonogatari (GhoStory) centers on Koyomi Araragi, a third year high school student who has recently survived a vampire attack, and finds himself mixed up with all kinds of apparitions; gods, ghosts, mythological beasts, and spirits of which he call oddities. I just simply love the style and animation quality of this anime. It also has a tremendous amount of humor that is dialogue based. So for non-cultured watchers like me, and bit hard to understand sometimes. And just throwing it out there, Senjougahara has awesome fashion sense and Sengoku is cute as hell. =D

Dragonball Kai is a remaster of Dragonball Z. I watched Dragonball Z from the Ginyu Force vs Goku onwards and then lost free cable around Cell Games. The rest of the storyline I learned from eclectic sources: DBZ Legacy of Goku and Buu's Fury GBA games, couple volumes of DBZ manga that covered Super Buu to the ending, and various downloaded episodes of Vegeto vs Super Buu. I think this is a good chance to find some continuity in this series that I was deprived of when I was young. =P

Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood is a remake of FMA that differs from the first season. Brotherhood follows the ongoing manga closely, unlike the first season, where they created an alternate storyline for the sake of ending the series somewhere. Only this summer have I caught up fully with FMA manga. I have never watched the first season of FMA, so Brotherhood allows me to see my favorite characters animated and voiced. The thing I love most is its animation quality.

Alongside with all these series, I am watching finished series like Ghost in the Shell: Stand Alone Complex and starting To Aru Majutsu no Index and Fate/Stay Night.

Labels: , ,

0 comments:

Post a Comment